Almond Joy Truffles
Yield: 10 truffles
Serving Size: 1 truffle
- 1 and 1/2 cup unsweetened coconut flakes
- 1/4 cup coconut oil
- 2 tbsp. pure maple syrup
- Chocolate dip (1/4 cup & 2 tbsp chocolate chips & 1/2 tsp coconut oil)
- Whole Almonds
- In a medium bowl combine coconut flakes, oil, and maple syrup until mixture is slightly sticky. *Using a fork generally work best for this
- Scoop firmly packed balls of coconut mixture and place onto a baking sheet lined with parchment paper. Gently flatten the top of each ball (where the almond will be placed later). Freeze for 15-20 minutes.
- To prepare chocolate dip: In microwave safe bowl add the chocolate chips and coconut oil. Heat in 20-30 second increments until smooth, stirring in between heating.
- Remove coconut balls from freezer and dip bottom half into the chocolate mixture. Dip one half of an almond into the chocolate mixture and place on top of the ball. There will be enough chocolate left over to drizzle on top.
- Place in freezer for 10 minutes and then refrigerate until ready to serve.