Yield: 16 oz.
- The yogurt in smoothies contains calcium to keep bones
strong and healthy bacteria to keep the tummy happy! Yogurt is a wonderful source of calcium and contains gut-healthy probiotics. Stay away from those sugar-filled fruit varieties though and go for plain Greek instead for a nice extra boost of muscle building protein.
- Bananas are not only super yummy to snack on but contain potassium and quick-digesting carbohydrates as well as slow releasing carbohydrate to help you keep your muscle and your metabolism high. They are perfect before or after sports practice or the big game!
- Have you ever noticed that beautiful color that berries have? All berries have a lovely hue, a characteristic that comes from antioxidants. Eating the rainbow will give a lot more energy so you can exercise longer and may help your muscles recover faster and even prevent you from getting sick a lot!
- The rainbow makes sure you are getting all of the vitamins and minerals you need to stay healthy.
- The fiber in berries also fills you up and prevents hunger crashes later on.