¾ cups chia seeds
4 cups almond milk
2 tsp vanilla extract
2 Tbsp maple syrup
- Add almond milk, vanilla extract, and maple syrup to a blender and begin blending on low. Add the chia seeds slowly so they get evenly mixed in. (You can do this without a blender, but when making large amounts the blender helps)
- Transfer the mixture to a large bowl and stir. Stir five minutes later. Stir ten minutes after that. Let sit for half an hour to an hour.
- Transfer the mixture to storage containers for overnight refrigeration.
Recipe plus points:
- This recipe is low in calories but very high in protein, fiber, calcium, and potassium!
- It is also low in saturated fat and cholesterol.
- It is a great snack that will keep you feeling full without filling you with calories.
By Gena Hamshaw