Recipe plus points:
- Chicken is a high quality protein and an excellent way to bring minerals into your body.
- Sweet potato is a power house of vitamin A, which has antioxidant properties, is great for eyesight, and important for skin. It also provides dietary fiber.
- Kale is a great source of many vitamins, including folate which can help reduce the risk of heart disease in people who eat a meat-heavy diet. It also provides dietary fiber, which also helps reduce the risk of heart disease by lessening the amount of cholesterol in the body.
- Margarine is a hydrogenated fat and should be avoided, butter can be substituted, or olive or canola oil.
- The skin on the chicken thigh is tasty, but is best savored and eaten sparingly as it contains saturated fat.